Hoppla BAM!!! Out of the Blue!!!!!
Gewonden door meteoroïde in Oeral
Ongeveer 100 mensen zijn in de Oeral gewond geraakt, nadat een meteoroïde in de lucht was ontploft en een schokgolf op de grond had veroorzaakt. Dat gebeurde in de buurt van de stad Chelyabinsk, deelde het Russische ministerie van Rampenbestrijding vrijdag op zijn website mee. In de lucht waren lichtstrepen te zien waarvan autobestuurders foto's op YouTube hebben gezet
A series of explosions in the skies of Russia’s Urals region, reportedly caused by a meteorite shower, has sparked panic in three major cities. Witnesses said that houses shuddered, windows were blown out and cellphones have stopped working.
According to unconfirmed reports, the meteorite was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk. A missile salvo reportedly blew the meteorite to pieces at an altitude of 20 kilometers
PROEST... "intercepted" :pinch:
Hoe dan ook, veel schade, met name door de Sonic Boom en de restjes die neerkwamen...:
* Up to 150 people sought medical attention as a result of the incident;
* 20,000 rescue workers are operating in the region. Three aircraft were deployed to survey the area and locate other possible impact location;
* Police in the Chelyabinsk region are reportedly on high alert, and have begun ‘Operation Fortress
’ in order to protect vital infrastructure;
* Office buildings in downtown Chelyabinsk are being evacuated. Injuries were reported at one of the city’s secondary schools, supposedly from smashed windows;
* The Mayak nuclear complex
near the town of Ozersk was not affected
by the incident, according to reports. Mayak, one of the world’s biggest nuclear facilities that used to house plutonium production reactors and a reprocessing plant, is located 72 kilometers northwest of Chelyabinsk.
*** It is believed that the incident may be connected to asteroid 2012 DA14
, which measures 45 to 95 meters in diameter and will be passing by Earth tonight at around 19:25 GMT at the record close range of 27,000 kilometers.
READ MORE and SEE MORE
Over de 2012 DA14 zegt NASA's JPL nu dus géén 27.ooo km maar lijkt toch meer op 22.ooo km;
2013-Feb-15 19:25 < 00:01 Earth:
* Nominal distance: 0.000227622477869032
* Minimal distance: 0.00022759588720678
* Maximum distance: 0.00022764906954094
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~